Create a self-hosted video item
Self-hosted videos are video files that can be accessed through a web browser by a URL and often are uploaded to the same server where your website is hosted. You can create a self-hosted video item while you’re building a loop, presentation, collection, or bumper.
- Access your hosted video file and copy the URL or link address to your clipboard. Ensure that your web hosting platform has appropriate permissions for CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing). Your server must allow requests to the video from viewmedica.com.
- In the ViewMedica builder, click the blue “Add Videos +” button. Select the “Create Video” option.
- Click “Hosted Video.”
- Give the video a title. This title will be seen in the ViewMedica menu system. Use a descriptive name so you and your patients can easily find it in your On-Demand menu.
- Paste the link address to your video into the “MP4 Source URL” field. The video should be an MP4 encoded with H.264. (Example: https://example.com/video.mp4) You can link to an image file to use as a poster frame and link to WebVTT captions if you wish. Preview the video to make sure it is linked properly.
- Click the blue “Save” button. Now you will see the video in your list.
- Videos can be grabbed and dragged to new positions in a loop, presentation, or collection. They are also available under the “My Saved Videos” link in your account.