Add promos to your side area
Promote your services, spotlight staff, or display important information with these visual promos that run regularly in the side area of your VMcast.
Setting the promos for one stream
1. After logging in to your ViewMedica.com account, from your account dashboard, click VMcast’s “Manage Streams” link.
2. To the right of each stream name are a set of icons for that stream’s features. Click on the “Promos” icon for the stream that you want to manage.
3. Here you see a menu of all the types of promos you can set. We’ll set the side promos here. So, click on “Side Promos” under the “Types” listing on the left of the screen. At first, you will have no available side promos. If you already have your promos made, skip to step 6, otherwise, to create one, hit the green “Create New Promo” button.
4. Click on the image icon to start setting up the promo.
- IMAGES should be jpeg or png format 380px wide by 750px deep
For image promos, you need to upload your image by clicking on the “Choose a file” link or dragging your image to the image area of the screen. Once your image is loaded, you need to name it. This name shows up in the promos menu, and will help you select promos for each stream in the future. Next, you need to set how long it will stay up on the TV. If your image uses a lot of words, make sure it stays on screen long enough for it to be read.
5. When done with the settings, hit the “Save” button. That will bring your back to the “Manage Promos” screen, and you should now see your new promo listed as a “Side Promo”.
6. From the “Manage Promos” screen, with the “Side Promos” Type selected, you can now turn on the promos you want to run for this stream. By tuning a promo “ON” it will display on the left side of your TV. If you have two promos turned on, VMcast will show, weather on the side if you have weather turned on, then the first promo, then the second promo, then back to weather. If weather is off, then only promos will be displayed.
You can also click on the promo name to see it and edit that promo’s properties, or you can delete the promo by hitting its minus button.
7. Change the promo order by grabbing a promo in this list and dragging it to the position you desire.
Setting the promos for all your streams
Do all the steps the same as setting Promos for one stream, but from the “Manage Promos” screen, turn “ON” the “Universal” setting at the top of the menu. With universal “ON”, all your streams will use these promo settings. That will save you from having to set the promos for multiple streams if you don’t want them to have different promo sets. Note that universal applies to all main-screen, side and bottom promos.